This is a tasty, warm salad filled with amazing vegetables. You get tons of flavors, colors, and textures. It’s a mindful eater’s dream! All of these nourishing foods come together to create a tantalizing dish that will satisfy every sense.
• 1 cup quinoa (Traditional is more flavorful but red has more nutrients and has a pretty color, you choose whichever you want!)
• 2/3 cup chopped white onion
• 1 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
• 1 cup chopped yellow squash
• 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
• 8 cloves of garlic
• 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• Olive oil
• Get a large baking tray or cooking sheet. Spread the onion, zucchini, squash, and green beans over the sheet and drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
• Wrap the garlic in tin foil and place it in the oven next to the tray of vegetables.
• Roast the veggies at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes (until they’re all nice and soft).
• Cook the quinoa the same way you normally do (or following instructions on the package) while the vegetables are cooking.
• Grab your food processor and add in the roasted garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Blend it all well.
• Mix the quinoa, vegetables, and dressing in a bowl and serve while still hot. (It’s also pretty tasty chilled.)