Feta Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
These feta stuffed cherry tomatoes are the perfect appetizer or snack.
Since starting mindful eating I’ve found that appetizers make for great snacks! Sometimes I even create meals out of a few appetizers. Why?
The goal of an appetizer is to be small enough to eat in a bite or two but be bursting with flavor. Well, isn’t the goal of mindful eating to eat one bite at a time and enjoy the flavors and textures? Appetizers work perfectly.
I love these feta stuffed cherry tomatoes because they have the tasty cheese mixing with the tomato but the red pepper flakes give a bit of kick. I’ve also tried an uncooked version with parmesan and basil that was great.
– 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
– Extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 2 ounces feta cheese
– 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
– Turn on the broiler to preheat
– Wash the tomatoes and cut the tops off of each one.
– Use a small spoon to scoop out the innards.
– Cut a small section off of the bottom of each. You only want to cut enough that they stand on their own.
– Cover your pan with parchment paper.
– Toss the tomatoes with olive oil and then stand them all up on the tray.
– Chop your feta into 24 cubes.
– Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and red pepper flakes.
– Add a cube of cheese to each tomato. Push it down into the tomato without squishing it.
– Broil until the cheese starts to brown.
– Let them cool for about 5 minutes and then sprinkle with the chopped mint
Hope you enjoy this recipe.